Spring is in the air!
After a long dark winter, Easter is soon upon us and with it brings Spring.
Spring is my favourite season for many reasons but here are a few;
· The change in weather, slowly we start to see longer days the glimmer of sunshine (still mixed with a bit of rain, I do live in the UK).
· The animals new and old, coming out of hibernation and growing their little families.
· Blooming flowers everywhere and the tree’s growing leaves again.
· Opening your windows to let in the spring breeze (even better after a good spring clean).
But before we get there the Easter celebrations begin. I have pulled together some interesting facts about Easter.
· Easter is the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ in the Christian religion.
· Eggs have been seen as ancient symbol of fertility, while springtime is considered to bring new life and rebirth.
· Americans spend $1.9 billion on Easter candy. That’s the second biggest candy holiday after Halloween.
· The first story of a rabbit (later named the “Easter Bunny”) hiding eggs in a garden was published in 1680.
· Easter takes place on a Sunday, after the 40-day period called Lent. Lent is referred to as a time of fasting, but participants focus more on giving up one significant indulgence.
· Holy Week is the celebrated during the week leading up to Easter. It begins on Palm Sunday, continues on to Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and then finally, Easter Sunday.
"Spring adds new life and new beauty to all that is." — Jessica Harrelson
- Share this:
- More news:
Over the past few months I have visited several long term customers where the businesses have been handed down to the next generation (both men and women) and with that has come a renewed desire to utilize their systems as fully as possible.
The tool master is the central repository for all things related to the production of a part through the use of reusable components such as patterns, core boxes, permanent molds, investment casting molds, and such things as trim dies, dead-heads, and rider or adapter plates.
Tooling is all about the tracking the life of the tooling, inspecting, controlling the movements, cost of the tooling including on-going costs through movement and repairs, revisions, and CAR’s or Problems.
With the introduction of the maintenance management equipment module several years ago, calibration and other quality instruments are typically now defined within that module.