Spring is in the air!
After a long dark winter, Easter is soon upon us and with it brings Spring.
Spring is my favourite season for many reasons but here are a few;
· The change in weather, slowly we start to see longer days the glimmer of sunshine (still mixed with a bit of rain, I do live in the UK).
· The animals new and old, coming out of hibernation and growing their little families.
· Blooming flowers everywhere and the tree’s growing leaves again.
· Opening your windows to let in the spring breeze (even better after a good spring clean).
But before we get there the Easter celebrations begin. I have pulled together some interesting facts about Easter.
· Easter is the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ in the Christian religion.
· Eggs have been seen as ancient symbol of fertility, while springtime is considered to bring new life and rebirth.
· Americans spend $1.9 billion on Easter candy. That’s the second biggest candy holiday after Halloween.
· The first story of a rabbit (later named the “Easter Bunny”) hiding eggs in a garden was published in 1680.
· Easter takes place on a Sunday, after the 40-day period called Lent. Lent is referred to as a time of fasting, but participants focus more on giving up one significant indulgence.
· Holy Week is the celebrated during the week leading up to Easter. It begins on Palm Sunday, continues on to Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and then finally, Easter Sunday.
"Spring adds new life and new beauty to all that is." — Jessica Harrelson